Sunday, October 19, 2008

Can't stand Girl Talk

The Loyola Concert comittee has decided to get Girl Talk to be the main performer for our next upcoming concert. I have to say, I CANNOT for the life of me see anything positive in the "music" that this guy has composed...it sounds exactly like what it is...a mess. Girl Talk bashes a bunch of various artists music which he has illegally obtained, adds an obnoxious rap artist's voice on top, and calls it a song. At first I thought I may have been too harsh after only listening to maybe two songs by them. But now having heard nearly 11 of them my opinion of them has only decreased. The reason Girl Talk is popular is simple. He's controversial. Like it or not, the majority of the people who RANT and RAVE about Girl Talk simply find pleasure in the fact that they are fans of an artist who's rebelious...if people simply listened to the music, the load of garbage they were listening to might finally whack them in the face...

No comments: